Thursday, July 28, 2016

Cocktail Wednesday - Vodka Collins

This week's drink was the vodka collins.  recipe from here.

Ingredients:

vodka
sweet & sour mix
soda water
orange (garnish)
marschino cherry (garnish)
ice


So according to the recipe, we mixed 1.5 oz of vodka, 3 oz of sweet & sour with ice in the shaker; then poured it over ice, topped with the seltzer water.  Then garnished with the orange and cherry.





A very nice, light summer drink.  I think if I were to make it again, I would not use the shaker, I would just mix it in the glass.  It wasn't strong enough.  My YD said it tasted like a flat Sprite.

Probably should try a Tom Collins at some point.

Cheers!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

A flat sprite? That I have experience with. The garnish makes it a very pretty drink.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...