Friday, August 5, 2016

Cocktail Wednesday - Plum Vodka Tonic

This week we had Cocktail Wednesday at my OS's house.  Since we were at their house, I let them pick the drink.  They were wavering between the mint julep and the plum vodka tonic.  Since we had recently had the mint julep, I pushed them toward the plum drink.

Ingredients:
  • One plum
  • Lime juice - 1.5 oz
  • Simple Syrup  - 1 oz
  • Vodka - 2 oz
  • Ice
  • Tonic water

 (I need to get a bottle with a simple syrup label ....)


First, you muddle the plum in the cocktail shaker...


add the simple syrup, vodka, lime juice, ice and shake.



Then strain into a highball glass filled with ice ...

 

and top it off with tonic water.
 



We garnished with a plum slice, which I dropped into the drink and ate at the end.  it was yummy at that point.


I enjoyed the drink and would definitely have again. Though you couldn't really taste the plum (until I ate it from the bottom). I wonder if it would work with gin? We ran out of lime and made a few of the drinks with orange instead.  That worked too.  Overall, a good drink and a great night with my OS and his wife!

and here are the drinks with a lime wedge instead of the plum ...


From our fellow CWPs* in Missouri.

I haven't said this recently, but if you'd like to participate, either in person or from afar, let me know and I'll include you on the email which lets you know the drink of the week.

Cheers!!





*Cocktail Wednesday Participants.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds interesting. Looks nice too.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...