Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Horseshoe Harbor

One of the places I had wanted to visit while in Michigan with my sister last year was Horseshoe Harbor.  We had also tried to find it several years ago when I was there with my niece.  No luck -- but this year, we found it!!


US 41 begins (or ends depending on your point of view) in Copper Harbor, Michigan -- Horseshoe Harbor is 1.9 miles north of that.  




So we drove along the road, a dirt road and found the parking ..


We walked about a mile down a path to this beautiful harbor ...





I don't know if this counts as a new park, but I'm counting it anyway.  Will definitely go back again -- and maybe swim next time (if it's warm enough or if I have people with me who want to swim as well).

1 comment:

Kate said...

It is beautiful. We visited Michigan a few years ago and love it. The Great Lakes are worth the trip.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers